Plans for the Weekend
Finally, finally the weekend is almost here–I thought it would never come! I almost yearn for the relaxed days of summer. Almost. But I love fall; it’s my favorite season. I’ve had mellowcreme pumpkins in my candy bowl for weeks! I’m daydreaming about apple cider doughnuts and gingerbread chai tea lattes… Bike rides and crisp, clear days. Still actually dreaming–we’re still in the nineties down here in Texas.
I have no huge plans for the weekend, and that’s just fine with me. There are a couple things on my agenda though…
1. Make gluten-free apple cider doughnuts in my new mini doughnut maker. This project is fraught with potential diaster, but I’m going to give it a shot anyway.
2. Watch Bride & Prejudice, the Bollywood version of P&P. This will, by necessity, be by myself, and I’m good with that. I wish I could get my hands on Aisha (Bollywood Emma), or watch it online, but that may not happen.
3. Take a bike ride in hopefully slightly cooler temperatures.
4. Finally get around to lunching at Rudy’s Barbeque. This is a barbeque joint/gas station/”country store” that serves up barbeque on butcher paper with plastic forks and sharp knives. It was a favorite of ours when we lived in Austin, and they’ve just opened one near us in Houston.
5. This is a bit of a long-shot, but maybe, just maybe, we could get a jump on our family Christmas card photo this weekend. (This never happens–I’m not one of those people–but I would rather this than having to scramble in the second week of December.)
6. Read. I’ve rediscovered my Kindle! I’ve had it for almost a year and have only read two books on it! (I’ve read plenty of samples.) I’m re-reading Sense and Sensibility and also reading Off the Record by Dolores Gordon-Smith.
7. I’m ready to tackle my next home project…the office, but Butters isn’t quite ready yet, so that will likely have to be put off.
What are your plans?