A Medley of Stuff
This weekend we visited my in-laws at their lakehouse because Butters wanted an opportunity to get his catamaran out on the water while the lake level was so low. It was quite low and we all did a bit of exploring, looking for arrowheads and stumbling over fish bones and racoon prints.
The rest of the weekend I spent on the covered porch reading Girls in White Dresses and then Ammie, Come Home, while watching in awe as the hummingbird population came to dine on my MIL’s candy apple red sugar syrup. The good news? It RAINED while we were there!! Still waiting on rain at home…
This week, I am reading and watching Practical Magic, in preparation for this Practical Magic Blog Party, in which I will be participating. I’ve never seen the movie or read the book, but I’m very enthused.’
In other news, I received a blog award from the lovely Eve Marie Mont, who has a fantastic looking YA coming out in April 2012, called A Breath of Eyre. Thank you, Eve!
The Rules of the blog award are as follows:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated me. (see above)
2. Share seven random facts about myself. (see below)
3. Pass the award along to 5 newfound blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. I’ve never seen Casablanca or Gone With the Wind all the way through.
2. My favorite colors are red and turquoise. Sometimes together.
3. I am not a cat person. That is an understatement.
4. Scholastic book fairs and book order forms still thrill me.
5. I love the Olympics, the swimming events most of all.
6. Never in my life have I pulled an all-nighter.
7. I think Butters’ dislike of cream cheese might be rubbing off on me. That’s unconfirmed.
Five (Relatively) Newfound Blogging Buddies:
1. Nightstand Debuts: For Books Both Sinister and Strange (a group blog that features Eve and several other authors who always keep it interesting).
2. Austen Authors (a group blog that features whole mess of authors writing Austen sequels and retellings, including me, on occasion)
3. Blurb Is a Verb (awesome source for authors)
4. Natural/Artificial (Stephanie Perkin’s blog. She is the author of Anna and the French Kiss, which I LOVED.)
5. Austenesque Reviews (All Austen all the time!)